Top 10 Mother's Day deals
Mother’s Day is almost a week away and if you haven’t decided what you’re going to do to honour your mom, here’s a list of lovely Mother’s Day gift ideas you can take advantage of.
- Sorbet specials: Being a mom is a full-time job and sparing a moment for yourself can be difficult at times. Why not treat your mom to a pamper day at Sorbet. This May, in honour of Mother’s Month, Sorbet will be offering a different treat for every day of the week. From 10% off all treatments on a Monday to free brow and eyelash tints with every two body waxes on a Friday. These specials apply across the nail and dry bar.
- Weylandts handmade spoils: For moms who enjoy entertaining Weylandts offers a round cheese board with a metal insert that is a handmade product that varies from piece-to-piece or the cake dome with slate board that can be filled with delicious cakes time and time again. Alternatively you can pick up scented natural soap bars, pumice stones or scrubbing gloves to get your mom in the pampering spirit.
- Nuy Winery’s Mother’s day lunch (Cape Town): Treat your mom to a leisurely three course lunch at R220 per person on 14 May 2017 at Nuy on the hill, situated at the Nuy Valley turn off on the R60 between Worcester and Robertson. This scrumptious menu will be prepared by well-known chef and Nuy on the hill restaurant co-owner, Wilna van der Westhuizen.
- Velvet Cake Co.’s Cake Buffet: The Velvet Cake Co. is excited to announce their very first Mother’s Day cake buffet event. Come and spoil your mother, mother-in-law or mother figure to an exclusive all-you-can-eat cake experience, a morning where an impressive display of signature desserts, bottom less coffee and tea will be available for 15 lucky ladies per store, 16 Loop Street CBD and 10 Bella Rosa Durbanville – be sure to get your tickets ASAP as spaces are limited. The Mother’s Day cake offering will take place on Saturday, 13 May between 10:00am – 12:00pm at R220 per person.
- Mother’s Day treat at the De Hoek Country Hotel (Johannesburg): If your pocket allows, why not do something totally different and give her a surprise Mother’s Day getaway? One that she’s sure to love. De Hoek Country Hotel, situated in the Magaliesberg, about an hour’s drive northwest of Johannesburg and Pretoria, will be hosting a Mother’s Day treat. For just R515 per person your mom can enjoy a day out in the country, a mouth-watering four-course luncheon in the garden with live music, a glass of bubbly and a gift.
- Jet’s Mother’s day shoe campaign: Moms have the biggest shoes to fill, which is why Jet has created beautiful shoes for her. Choose from a range of heels and pumps. Jet has added a personal touch with Mother’s Day quotes on the soles. Please note this kicks-off on 8 May and products will be available from then only.
- NetFlorist’s special: Score a free box of Lindt chocolates with your order by 10 May only applicable if you order a product from the Mother’s Day range for delivery between 11 and 15 May.
- Red Square’s fragrance special: Show me a woman that doesn’t enjoy smelling like a dream. This Mother’s Day treat your mom to her favourite fragrance from an array of Red Square fragrances currently on special offering.
- Oyster Box’s Mother’s Day High tea (Durban): High Tea at Oyster Box is a lengthy, leisurely affair with live piano music. All pastries and baked goods are prepared on the property by executive pastry chef, Joanita Venter and her team. The high tea table is a visual and taste spectacle of sumptuous treats, with everything from freshly baked scones, pastries, quiches and cakes, to finger sandwiches and savouries. Enjoy for R390 per person.
- Honest’s Chocolate tastings (Cape Town): Situated in the heart of Cape Town lies chocolate heaven. Enjoy a pure organic chocolate tasting experience with your mom, perfect if your mom has a sweet tooth. Bookings are essential.
Whatever you decide to do this Mother’s Day, enjoy it to the full.